The ChatGPT app, which is free to use, syncs your history across devices. It also integrates Whisper, OpenAI’s open-source speech-recognition system, enabling voice input. ChatGPT Plus subscribers get exclusive access to GPT-4’s capabilities, early access to features and faster response times, all on iOS.
“With the ChatGPT app for iOS, we’re taking another step towards our mission by transforming state-of-the-art research into useful tools that empower people, while continuously making them more accessible,” OpenAI said in a blogpost.
For Android users, OpenAI’s ChatGPT app will be coming to their devices soon, the company said.
The Microsoft-owned company has started rolling out the app in the US and will soon expand to additional countries in the coming weeks.
Moreover, OpenAI said that with the launch of the ChatGPT app for iOS, it is taking another step towards its mission by transforming state-of-the-art research into useful tools that empower people.
What ChatGPT Offers & What All You Can Do?
- Instant answers: Get precise information without sifting through ads or multiple results
- Tailored advice: Seek guidance on cooking, travel plans, or crafting thoughtful messages
- Creative inspiration: Generate gift ideas, outline presentations, or write the perfect poem
- Professional input: Boost productivity with idea feedback, note summarization, and technical topic assistance
- Learning opportunities: Explore new languages, modern history, and more at your own pace
In April, OpenAI rolled out a new update that allows users to turn off their chat history in its AI chatbot ChatGPT.
OpenAI said it will not save users’ earlier conversations when the chat history option is disabled and will not use those conversations to train and improve its models.